Far-off Daydream Games
Based in Toronto, Ontario
PROLOGUE: September 25, 2017
Itch.io - PC / Mac / Linux
A Near Dawn is a charmingly devastating psychological thriller with amusing highs, gut-wrenching crashes, and mature themes. When Seattle-based attorney, Sam Nichols - a victim to some disturbing psychological difficulties - takes on an important new case, he finds himself exposed to progressively dire circumstances that threaten to unravel his reality and destroy those closest to him. With his mentor's firm on the brink of collapse, Sam will have to take on a ruthless multinational corporation being protected by some of the vilest people imaginable. The odds already seem slim, but you will soon learn that things were never as they appeared - as an even deeper conspiracy begins to emerge. Where will you find yourself if you keep untangling the threads to this mystery? You must be brave to uncover the truth! Our Prologue introduces some of the key characters, the setting, and hints at the challenges ahead, but stopping short of telling you exactly what to expect. The case seems typical. It isn't. One of the concepts for this title was to start from present day, reality as we know it, and progress down a deep well of mysteries.
A Near Dawn is a character-driven psychological thriller point and click visual novel adventure with one part darkness and two parts humor. We have always loved traditional adventure games with their immersive, colorful and often emotional journeys, so it should be no surprise that our project is greatly inspired by the Broken Sword, Blackwell, and Ace Attorney series, as well as darker titles such as Steins;Gate and even Twin Peaks. We feel very passionately about the story and characters of A Near Dawn. This is a very ambitious project that has been in development on and off for three years at our small independent studio. There is so much that we want to do with it, but a lot of that may unfortunately come down to the support we can receive with our upcoming KickStarter campaign.
- Beautiful artwork and animations rendered in 1080p
- Immersive cinematics with frame-by-frame art
- Original soundtrack composed for the game
- Fully voiced audio provided by exceptionally talented actors
- Point and Click interface with puzzles to solve - the flow of this game is inspired by traditional adventure games
- Dynamic decisions that alter the course of your interactions with others - be they rewards or consequences for your actions
- Psychological tension - the main character has a darker personality who will come to the surface if you feed that darkness with the decisions you make
- Multiple endings - there is one true ending, but your successes or failures can take you off course, leading you to a different resolution
- Episodic narrative - this is a full game, but it is part of an ambitious project with a far-reaching storyline
- Remarkable cast
- Delightful humor
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection" CNE Gaming Garage by The Bit Bazaar, 25-27 August, 2017
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Far-off Daydream Games
We produce story-driven games that blend together the Visual Novel and Point and Click Adventure genres for a dynamic interactive experience!
More information on Far-off Daydream Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
A NEAR DAWN Credits
Composer & Sound Effects
Stephen J. Pena, Katabelle, Ben Balmaceda, Ian Pabito, Trina