Far-off Daydream Games
Based in Toronto, Ontario
September 1, 2016
Put A Sock In It! is an outrageously humorous choose-your-own-adventure that dares ask the question: How far would you go to entertain yourself? With all her coworkers gone for the weekend, no way of contacting the outside world, and no hint of rescue in sight, Serena will discover that maybe, just maybe, her best friend is actually herself. And these puppets she's just made from her socks!
Put A Sock In It! is the first official release from Far-off Daydream Games. We wanted to do something original with the Visual Novel format in a way that brought some adventure elements into it, and there are actually one or two 'puzzles' you may find along the way over the course of the game. This project began as an idea for the NaNoRenO 2016 Game Jam, but due to the extent of artwork it ultimately required, certain scheduling conflicts with programmers, and a certain amount of other unfortunate circumstances, it took quite a bit longer to complete than anticipated. This project is greatly personal to the creator, Leonid Pilchin, and is dedicated to his father.
- An underwhelmed, sarcastic artistic urbanite!
- 4 Disenchanted fantastic oddball characters (Princess, Wizard, Ghost, Stable Boy)!
- Animated sock action - including smacks, make outs, dramatic death sequences, and even possession!
- 90 Unique endings for the characters to explore!
- 30 Life lessons for the characters to learn and grow from!
- Smooth and shiny artwork.
- Wonderful comedic, evocative, even poignant writing.
Warning: opendir(put_a_sock_in_it/images): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/arkadypi/public_html/faroffdaydream/press/sheet.php on line 606
Warning: closedir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/arkadypi/public_html/faroffdaydream/press/sheet.php on line 624
There are currently no screenshots available for Put A Sock In It!. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Put A Sock In It!. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "Put A Sock In It! left me emotionally drained on every level. It was brilliantly structured, judgemental, forgiving, and sad."
- Meghann O'Neill (PC PowerPlay Magazine), Website
- "What the hell did I just play?"
- Some Guy,
- "LOL! Oh my god! What is this...?!"
- Some Lady,
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Far-off Daydream Games
We produce story-driven games that blend together the Visual Novel and Point and Click Adventure genres for a dynamic interactive experience!
More information on Far-off Daydream Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Put A Sock In It! Credits
Writing & Character Art & Animation & UI
OneDayMorrow, Winston Campeau, Birdinator99, Matthew Pablo, Rhoder, rocker206, BurnedVirus
Wonderful Musical Contributors